The Corporation (DVD)
Directed by Mark Achbar and Jennifer Abbott
In this acclaimed documentary from the co-director of Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomksy and the Media, 40 corporate insiders and critics—including Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, No Logo author Naomi Klein and Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman—explore the nature and spectacular rise of the most pervasive institution of our time. Combining analysis with footage from advertising, television news and industrial films, The Corporation is an entertaining and provocative look at the inner workings, curious history, controversial impacts and possible futures of the modern global conglomerate.
DVD Extras Include:
- 16:9 anamorphic transfer, enhanced for widescreen TVs
- Two filmmaker audio commentaries
- Janeane Garofolo interviews writer Joel Bakan on Air America’s Majority Report
- “Q’s and A’s”: Video interviews with the filmmakers from radio, TV and theaters, including segments from CNN Financial, WNYC, WBAI, and Air America
- Trailers for The Corporation and Manufacturing Consent
- Eight deleted scenes
- Grassroots marketing presentation
- English descriptive audio for the visually impaired
- Optional Spanish, French and English subtitles
- “Topical Paradise” and “Tell Me More”: Over 5 hours of additional footage of The Corporation’s 40 interviewees, searchable by topic or interview subject
- Plus: Additional trailers, related film resources, subject updates and web resource information
RT' @musicboxtheatre': **Playing All Weekend at the Music Box** Olivier Assayas' sly, sexy comedy NON-FICTION and Andrey Paounov's inspiring…
LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT is playing this weekend in Los Angeles, Coral Gables, San Diego, San Francisco, Berke…' https://t.co/Jk9r8XKNXp'
RT' @NuartTheatre': #WalkingOnWater is now playing with artist/film subject #Christo and director #AndreyMPaounov in person tonight for a sol…
𝔻𝕀𝔸𝕄𝔸ℕ𝕋𝕀ℕ𝕆 has evil twins, nuns on bikes, and so much more! Opens today at' @MetrographNYC' with co-director Daniel…' https://t.co/AZFkWB6yMZ'
RT' @TyleKurner': Wrote about sports (!!) and Eurovision and the amazing DIAMANTINO:' https://t.co/3Osgx0pzhT'
RT' @Kinoscope': The wackadoo DIAMANTINO opens tomorrow' @MetrographNYC'.' @Honors_Zombie' caught it' @TheNYFF' last year.' https://t.co/MV5tlvXXyn…'
RT' @Glenn__Kenny': Good week for me in reviews—three Critics’ Picks! Good docs on Barbara Rubin and Woodstock, and this crazy item: https://…
RT' @heavier_things': Wrote a lil essay about the wonderful DIAMANTINO and, er, Donna Lewis, for' @MetrographNYC'' https://t.co/kp6B2YNmZd'
RT' @BAMfilmBrooklyn': DIAMANTINO is a' @nytimes' Critics Pick! Screenings run May 31—Jun 11. Tickets:' https://t.co/uwoqAPp6Vb'' https://t.co/fxH…'
Inquiries & Press
333 W. 39th St., Ste. 503
New York, NY 10018
Tel. (800) 562-3330
Fax. (212) 714-0871
Press & Media
For publicity assistance and press inquiries please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 212-629-6880.