The Corporation (DVD)
Directed by Mark Achbar and Jennifer Abbott
In this acclaimed documentary from the co-director of Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomksy and the Media, 40 corporate insiders and critics—including Michael Moore, Noam Chomsky, No Logo author Naomi Klein and Nobel Prize-winning economist Milton Friedman—explore the nature and spectacular rise of the most pervasive institution of our time. Combining analysis with footage from advertising, television news and industrial films, The Corporation is an entertaining and provocative look at the inner workings, curious history, controversial impacts and possible futures of the modern global conglomerate.
DVD Extras Include:
- 16:9 anamorphic transfer, enhanced for widescreen TVs
- Two filmmaker audio commentaries
- Janeane Garofolo interviews writer Joel Bakan on Air America’s Majority Report
- “Q’s and A’s”: Video interviews with the filmmakers from radio, TV and theaters, including segments from CNN Financial, WNYC, WBAI, and Air America
- Trailers for The Corporation and Manufacturing Consent
- Eight deleted scenes
- Grassroots marketing presentation
- English descriptive audio for the visually impaired
- Optional Spanish, French and English subtitles
- “Topical Paradise” and “Tell Me More”: Over 5 hours of additional footage of The Corporation’s 40 interviewees, searchable by topic or interview subject
- Plus: Additional trailers, related film resources, subject updates and web resource information
"Part loopily queer sci-fi thriller, part faux-naive political rallying cry, glued together with candyfloss clouds…' https://t.co/qlPdo7mJFR'
RT' @USoldierFilm': Great review on' @theartsstl': ’Unknown Soldier does not sugar-coat the grind of this kind of warfare, nor the inevitable l…
Thrilled that titles from our library will be included in the' @criterionchannl'. Sign up by April 7 for an extended…' https://t.co/t5dA5ZZfOj'
RT' @Lilfilm': Finally watched this masterpiece. The US title is Going Places (1974). Gérard Depardieu’s breakout. If you watch please ignore…
RT' @Criterion': The' @criterionchannl' launches on April 8, and we’re so excited to share our first month’s lineup! Take a look at what we've…
RT' @EloiseLoRoss': Getting ready to record commentary for this tonight, for' @KinoLorber', with' @LeeGambin'! So much good stuff.' https://t.co/n…'
RT' @3xchair': Sidney Lumet's 1966 film of Mary McCarthy's The Group is Better-Than #CaptainMarvel. Watch the dvd. Thanks for the restoration…
RT' @ralver': ENTERTAINMENT leaves' @netflix' March 24th. Tell friends and family to catch it before it’s gone forever.' https://t.co/o4TIfN6aNe'
RT' @kristenyoonsoo': i frankly need to spend more time with Marlen Khutsiev's films but i did recently watch ILYICH'S GATE / I AM TWENTY bec…
Inquiries & Press
333 W. 39th St., Ste. 503
New York, NY 10018
Tel. (800) 562-3330
Fax. (212) 714-0871
Press & Media
For publicity assistance and press inquiries please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 212-629-6880.