Unearthing a treasure trove of archival footage, filmmakers Dan Geller and Dayna Goldfine have fashioned a dazzling and entrancing ode to the revolutionary 20th-century dance troupes that performed under the Ballets Russes banner. Ballets Russes maps the Diaghilev-era beginnings in turn-of-the-century Paris—when artists such as Nijinsky, Balanchine, Picasso, Matisse and Stravinsky united in an unparalleled collaboration—to the halcyon days in the 1930s and ’40s, when the Ballets Russes astonished American audiences with artistry never before seen, to the 1950s and ’60s when rising costs, rocketing egos, outside competition and internal mismanagement brought the last of the revered Ballets Russes companies to its knees. Directed with consummate invention and infused with juicy anecdotal interviews from many of the companies’ glamorous stars, Ballets Russes treats audiences to a rare glimpse of the remarkable dancers, choreographers, composers and designers who transformed the face of dance for generations to come.
DVD Extras Include:
- Gorgeous 16:9 anamorphic transfer, enhanced for widescreen TVs
- An hour-long, four-part series of additional behind-the-scenes, performance, rehearsal and interview footage with Ballets Russes dancers
- Rare archival footage, including excerpts of classic Ballets Russes performances of Swan Lake, Giselle and others
- Stills galleries featuring 200 photos of Ballets Russes stars, additional Ballets Russes dancers and vintage Ballets Russes program covers
- Original theatrical trailer
- English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- 12-page booklet including liner notes by New York Times dance writer - Jack Anderson and production notes by the filmmakers
RT' @brokehorrorfan': Transylvania 6-5000 sinks its teeth into Blu-ray via' @KinoLorber':' https://t.co/Rj1H7gx5HT' '80s Jeff Goldblum remastere…
"Let's get this out of the way: I am no longer beautiful - and it has been one of the great blessings of my life."…' https://t.co/y8ASWWtVM9'
RT' @USoldierFilm': Friends in USA & Canada, should you wish to celebrate Independence Day 🇫🇮 watching Unknown Soldier - our movie is availab…
ICYMI: Watch our brand new trailer for BEANPOLE, coming to theaters starting January 29 at' @FilmForumNYC'.…' https://t.co/bxc2exs1kA'
RT' @TheWrap': “We’ve gone into communities in these awful moments, and felt this guilt that we came in and left, knowing the tragedy would b…
RT' @TheWrap': “It’s astounding how often it happens and continues to happen. With the film we hope to restart a dialogue,”' @emily_taguchi' de…
Bruno Dumont's LI'L QUINQUIN and Jean-Luc Godard's THE IMAGE BOOK are the #3 and #5 films of the decade according t…' https://t.co/pbhHBSI0fq'
RT' @cahierscinema': Le top 10 2010-2019 des Cahiers du Cinéma en images Pour acheter le numéro en ligne :' https://t.co/VU1Beukw6g' ' https://t…'
RT' @DVDBeaver': The Magic Sword Blu-ray' @KinoLorber' US:' https://t.co/ErnGBFOWSe' CAN:' https://t.co/26SES3lP3d' OUR REVIEW:' https://t.co/Lyd1hs…'
Inquiries & Press
333 W. 39th St., Ste. 503
New York, NY 10018
Tel. (800) 562-3330
Fax. (212) 714-0871
Press & Media
For publicity assistance and press inquiries please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 212-629-6880.