The Great Escape (NO SLIPCASE) (4K UHD)
Directed by John Sturges
Screen legend Steve McQueen (Bullitt) slams his motorcycle into high gear and leads the way in this action-packed classic about a group of Allied POWs who attempt one of the largest and most daring breakouts in history. A masterful collaboration between director John Sturges (Bad Day at Black Rock), screenwriters James Clavell (The Satan Bug) and W.R. Burnett (Little Caesar), and composer Elmer Bernstein (The Magnificent Seven), The Great Escape is one of the most ingenious and suspenseful adventure films of all time! As World War II rages on, the Germans open Stalag Luft III, a maximum security prisoner-of-war camp, designed to hold even the craftiest escape artists. In doing so, however, the Nazis unwittingly assemble the finest escape team in military history. Together, under the guidance of the brilliant Bartlett (Richard Attenborough, Brighton Rock), the resourceful Hendley (James Garner, Support Your Local Sheriff) and the steely, determined Hilts (McQueen), the men plot, scheme and dig their way to freedom…at any cost! Charles Bronson (Breakheart Pass), James Coburn (A Fistful of Dynamite), Donald Pleasence (The Black Windmill), James Donald (The Bridge on the River Kwai) and David McCallum (Mosquito Squadron) fill out the iconic cast of this spectacular, true-life blockbuster. The Great Escape received a 1964 Academy Award nomination for Best Film Editing (Ferris Webster, The Manchurian Candidate) and a Golden Globe nomination for Best Motion Picture—Drama.
4K UHD Extras Include:
LIMITED O-CARD SLIPCASE NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR NEW ORDERS. KINDLY REFRAIN FROM ASKING.
4KUHD DISC 1:
• NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin
• Audio Commentary with Director John Sturges, Actors James Garner, James Coburn, Donald Pleasence, David McCallum, Jud Taylor and Many other Crew Members – Moderated by Steven Jay Rubin
• 5.1 Surround & Original 2.0 Mono
• Optional English Subtitles
• UHD 100 Triple Layer Disc
BLU-RAY DISC 2:
• Return to THE GREAT ESCAPE: Making of the Classic with the Cast and Crew (24:09)
• THE GREAT ESCAPE: Bringing Fact to Fiction – Narrated by Burt Reynolds (12:21)
• THE GREAT ESCAPE: Preparations for Freedom – Narrated by Burt Reynolds (19:50)
• THE GREAT ESCAPE: The Flight to Freedom – Narrated by Burt Reynolds (9:22)
• THE GREAT ESCAPE: A Standing Ovation – Narrated by Burt Reynolds (5:58)
• The Real Virgil Hilts: A Man Called Jones – Narrated by James Coburn (25:01)
• THE GREAT ESCAPE: The Untold Story – Documentary by Steven Clarke (50:47)
• THE GREAT ESCAPE: The Untold Story – Additional Interviews (9:35)
• Theatrical Trailer (2:42)
Interested in bringing The Great Escape to your school or library? If you'd like to have an in-class viewing, on-campus screening, or purchase the DVD for your library's collection, please contact Estelle Grosso or call (212) 629-6880 with your request.
The Great Escape may also be available with Public Performance Rights (PPR) and Digital Site Licensing (DSL) for colleges and universities. To purchase the DVD with PPR or DSL, please contact Estelle Grosso or call (212) 629-6880. Click here to learn more at Kino Lorber Edu.
HOLD ME TIGHT is now playing at theaters nationwide. See the fill list here:' https://t.co/owIPyIOaqp'' https://t.co/bX9cNF4gkv'
RT' @KLStudioClassic': Coming December 13th! Girl on a Motorcycle (1968) • Brand New 4K Restoration • Audio Commentary by Director Jack Card…
RT' @KLStudioClassic': Coming December 13th! The Hallelujah Trail (1965) • HD Master by MGM – From a 2K Scan of the 35mm IP • NEW Audio Comm…
RT' @Filmatique': Start your October Sunday right: The Jean Rollin Collection is now live, featuring six frightening, sexy, fog-filled films…
RT' @metal_d715': A big box of' @KinoLorber' blurays (and 1 4k) arrived today... #PhysicalMedia #Bluray #moviecollecting' https://t.co/7NLzX20Bty'
RT' @DGKMusic': tonight’s showing: SOME LIKE IT HOT 4K disc courtesy of' @KinoLorber'! The first Marilyn Monroe movie I’ve ever seen. Showing i…
RT' @TheTrue_Zankoku': Mail time! A modest addition to my collection via the' @KinoLorber' "Shocktober" sale. My wallet is begging for mercy,…
RT' @a_art_gremlin': First batch of sale titles from' @KinoLorber' are in' https://t.co/lVEKUiclcW'
RT' @TheNYFF': Jean-Luc Godard’s work has been a guiding light for NYFF since we began 60 years ago. Our #NYFF60 tribute to the filmmaker, a…
Inquiries & Press
333 W. 39th St., Ste. 503
New York, NY 10018
Tel. (800) 562-3330
Fax. (212) 714-0871
Press & Media
For publicity assistance and press inquiries please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 212-629-6880.