A Virgin Among The Living Dead (DVD)
Directed by Jess Franco
Redemption celebrates the life and career of Jess Franco (1930- 2013) with a deluxe edition of his mystifying erotic thriller: A VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD (Une vierge chez les morts vivant ). Christina von Blanc stars as a woman who journeys to her ancestral home and finds herself surrounded by the restless spirits of her eccentric family, who may or may not be alive.
This disc includes two complete versions of the film: Franco's original cut (CHRISTINA, PRINCESS OF EROTICISM) and the re-release version (A VIRGIN AMONG THE LIVING DEAD), which was expanded to incorporate zombie scenes directed by French horror auteur Jean Rollin (The Living Dead Girl). Also included is the softcore footage shot to create a third version of the film.
DVD Extras Include:
• Jess Franco's original cut: Christina, Princess of Eroticism (79 min.), mastered in HD from the original 35mm negative
• Audio commentary by Tim Lucas, critic and co-editor of Video Watchdog
• The complete alternate cut: A Virgin Among the Living Dead (90 min.), featuring zombie footage directed by Jean Rollin
• English dubbed
• Alternate erotic footage (5 min.) featuring Alice Arno
• "Mysterious Dreams", a 16-minute interview with Jess Franco, directed by David Gregory, produced by Elijah Drenner
• "The Three Faces of Christina", a 12-minute documentary by Daniel Gouyette on the various versions of the film
• "Jess! What Are You Doing Now?" an 8-minute homage to Jess Franco by Daniel Gouyette, featuring interviews with Franco's friends and collaborators
• Photo gallery
• Theatrical trailers
4K restoration of Serge Gainsbourg's JE T'AIME MOI NON PLUS starring Jane Birkin + Joe Dallesandro continues for an…' https://t.co/uV3EpJgdxL'
"Tom Mercier projects a feral intensity, a boundless energy that’s frightening in its freedom.” –' @bhkoe' //…' https://t.co/aKCBrFc30L'
RT' @cinemasentries': Hercules in the Haunted World Blu-ray Review: Sword & Sandals Meets Horror' https://t.co/keJdiB5TQ8' (via' @cinemasentries…'
RT' @TrailersFromHel': Glenn Erickson of' @CineSavant' opines that Alec Guinness & Stanley Holloway shine as a pair of nobodies who take the Ba…
RT' @MoviesSilently': I take a look at' @KinoLorber's' triple feature release of UNCLE TOM'S CABIN, which features versions made in 1911, 1914,…
RT' @anthropocene': How Humans Have Changed the Earth's Geology: an interview with Jennifer Baichwal and' @nickdepencier' on ANTHROPOCENE: The…
"They say the future of film is female. It is. But so is the past." Thank you' @boulderweekly' for this fantastic pi…' https://t.co/f5AZhLNirc'
“Deliriously unpredictable. Careens from one scene to the next in a whirlwind of personal and political meaning. An…' https://t.co/oYELklJhQY'
Yorgos Lanthimos's early film KINETTA opens this weekend at' @MovingImageNYC', including double features with DOGTOO…' https://t.co/HoTjcVmXEf'
Inquiries & Press
333 W. 39th St., Ste. 503
New York, NY 10018
Tel. (800) 562-3330
Fax. (212) 714-0871
Press & Media
For publicity assistance and press inquiries please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 212-629-6880.