A Christmas Past
A CHRISTMAS PAST offers a nostalgic peek into the Yuletide pleasures of the early 1900s. Evoking the Victorian charm of Currier and Ives prints, these picturesque comedies and tender dramas were produced as cinematic Christmas cards offered to moviegoers of the silent era.
Included in this collection of archival rarities, most of which were produced at Thomas Edison's studios, are the 1910 version of Dickens's immortal A Christmas Carol, a heartwarming melodrama by D. W. Griffith (A Trap For Santa), as well as the first screen version of Clement Moore's 1822 poem "'Twas the Night Before Christmas."
These films have been digitally mastered from original 35mm elements and are accompanied by a wistful new score by Al Kryszak -- performed by a variety of instruments including harp, violin, and Christmas handbells -- which beautifully enhances the delicate shadings of each of these rare and fascinating treasures.
- A Holiday Pageant At Home (5 mins. 1901. Producer Unknown)
- A Winter Straw Ride (7 mins. 1906. Edison Film Manufacturing Corp. Photographed by Edwins S. Porter)
- A Trap For Santa (16 mins. 1909. Biograph Film Co. Dir. D. W. Griffith. Photographed by G. W. Blitzer)
- A Christmas Accident (15 mins. 1912. Edison Film Manufacturing Corp. Dir. Bannister Merwin. Written by Annie Eliot Trumbull)
- The Adventure Of the Wrong Santa Claus: An Adventure of Octavius -- Amateur Detective (14 mins. Edison Film Manufacturing Corp. Written by Frederic Arnold Kummer)
- Santa Claus vs. Cupid (16 mins. 1915. Edison Film Manufacturing Corp. Dir. Will Louis. Written by Alan Crosland)
- Santa Claus (29 mins. 1925. Presented by Mr. and Mrs. F.E. Kleinschmidt)
- A Christmas Carol (10 mins. 1910. Edison Film Manufacturing Corp. From the novel by Charles Dickens)
- The Night Before Christmas (1905. Edison Film Manufacturing Corp. Dir. Edwin S. Porter)
RT' @laemmleglendale': HOLD ME TIGHT Vicky Krieps (Phantom Thread, Bergman Island) gives another riveting performance as Camille, a woman on…
@akchomps We did!
RT' @jbfc_ny': "A powerful piece of work with poetic direction and incredible work from Krieps," raves' @Brian_Tallerico'. Now showing #AtTheJ…
"One of the best films of the year." –' @ebertchicago' Mathieu Amalric's HOLD ME TIGHT, starring Vicky Krieps, is n…' https://t.co/0dEHjMbuBM'
RT' @theclairidge': “Vicky Krieps mesmerizes… delivers a disarmingly vulnerable, yet understated performance.” –' @IndieWire'. HOLD ME TIGHT i…
New additions: 10/7 The Springs Cinema - Atlanta GA 10/15 Esquire - Cincinnati OH 10/16 Mariemont - Cincinnati OH…' https://t.co/WEb3rqjCTL'
New additions! 10/7 Springs Cinema - Atlanta GA 10/15 Esquire - Cincinnati OH 10/16 Mariemont - Cincinnati OH 10/2…' https://t.co/8Ciy94nwKy'
RT' @Neon_Splatter': Our watch-along of 1981’s THE PIT is happening this Saturday, October 1, at 930pm ET/830pm CT. The movie is free on' @ki…'
Inquiries & Press
333 W. 39th St., Ste. 503
New York, NY 10018
Tel. (800) 562-3330
Fax. (212) 714-0871
Press & Media
For publicity assistance and press inquiries please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 212-629-6880.